Sunday, June 1, 2008

BrrrrIIIIIIIIdezillas!

I'm not one. I don't think. Yet.

But I understand how brides get that way, and I send them my sympathies.

{The show is on a sort of marathon right now & I'm lovin' that}.

Most of you (all of you?) probably knew that I was engaged before. Planning that wedding was much different than this one. Emotionally, this engagement is in much better shape than last time around! I feel great, secure, happy, optimistic etc... about my future.The marriage will be great, if I can just pull of the wedding!

The details of it all were a lot easier the first time.It was a different world back then for me. I KNEW exactly what was available in Richmond, Indiana. Now I'm in Cincinnati and I'm facing so many options that I feel over-stimulated! I had a smaller budget that time around and a bigger guest list, which made the reception planning a lot simpler- there couldn't be much to it. We were going to get our reception site FOR FREE and I belonged to a church that we attended so that part was a breeze as well.

Fast forward to 2008. So many options for everything! And I have such different taste than I did 5 years ago. And now I'm working between 2 states. And I'm working a full-time job that wears me out. And we're serving alcohol. And Scott has a huge family and we have lots of friends together at a much more expensive-per-head reception. AND, I'm farther in the process than I made it last time...

All that being said, I'm trying to remember that it will be fun and after this wedding is over we will be married, and thats what its all about, anyway. I'm trying to remember that things naturally work out and fall into place. I'm starting to do some of the more fun things like looking at flowers, invitations and cakes. Except for money, that stuff isn't all that stressful. Yet.

Thanks to my friends and wonderful fiancee that are keeping me grounded and not letting me become a total bridezilla. And as I continue in this process, please keep me sane.

PS I went to King's Island today with Laur. It was very fun. I'm so proud of her for riding invertigo (aka face-off!)

1 comment:

Ginger said...

How's the ceremony situation? I haven't been able to locate a church (swamped and my internet has been down - AAAHHHH).

Let me know if you have any other issues. :)