Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Today was a big day in my life because I put on my favorite shoes after not wearing them for nearly 9 months. They are dance shoes and I wore them when I was teaching ballet and doing barre work. I miss dance so very much. It was such a great creative outlet for me. It was a great physical work out and put me in the best shape of my life (except when I was on swim team, but EW!) It taught me how to lead a group. It helped me feel like I could shine and that I could teach others to be confident in their movement. It taught me how to move my body in such amazing ways. It made me work hard to accomplish different goals, and I'm proud of all I was able to teach myself to do.
Not being near the studio that I used to teach at has been hard for me. I am not at the point where I'm ready to "face another one." Maybe someday, maybe someday soon. I want to lose weight before I even begin to get back into it, because its so hard for me to face the fact that I can't do what I used to be able to do because I've gained weight. Thats why I haven't worn those shoes in 9 months. But today, I faced that fear...and it felt so good. I worked out for probably 20 minutes. I know that doesn't really classify as I work out, but it was a huge deal for me because I came back to something I loved. It wore me out, too. That felt great. I'm honestly hoping that I am so sore tomorrow that I can barely move. I weirdly miss that feeling, because it helps me realize just how hard I worked, and I haven't felt that way in a long time.
I refuse to let 9 more months go by again...
Sunday, January 13, 2008
I feel as if the world needs more from me.
Here's some random things that have occured in the last 2 weeks of my life.
1. Like Ginger, I recently learned how to knit. I'm not great at it, but I get it kind of and its awesome.
2. We had our engagement pictures taken by the fabulous Laura Stoller. Love them! (*you can see them on my myspace!*)
3. If you don't get into the world of scrapbooking- this one will not make any sense to you... BUT last night I had a dream that Ali E and I had become good friends and I flew out to their house (even though I didn't know if I should fly into the Portland airport or Seattle...which I feel like I should've known if we were indeed becoming good friends) and I got there and got set up in the spare bedroom and then I didn't understand how the bathroom worked so Chris had to come help me figure out the drain. RANDOM!
4. Scott got a deep fryer for Christmas from the best fiancee ever. Needless to say, we have been frying lots and lots. Which, by the way, is NOT good for losing weight. I'm hoping the excitement of said fryer goes away soon.
5. For work, I've been at lots and lots of training so that I can be a certified Children's Services Worker in Ohio. This past week, we went through an Intake (Investigations) Unit...and I LOVED it. It absolutely MUST be one of the hardest jobs in the world...these are the people that receive the abuse/neglect calls and figure out whether or not it happened (by investigating), and yes, these are also the people that must remove children from homes when (& ONLY WHEN) they feel like there is an immediate risk of great danger to the child. Before I accepted my current position, I considered going into Intake. But I'm afraid of it because it has CRAZY turnover...that is scary. I like my current position and am just kind of keeping that in the back of my mind as a possibility for the future.
and #6- this is my favorite thing- read on!
If you listen to Q102, you know about this- if not here's an overview: A local radio station is holding a contest for a $50,000 wedding! You win by entering a scrapbook! The judges pick their top 8 faves and then it is an online voting contest. I am entering because... $50,000 wedding! I've started working on my book, and for those of you that have scrapped with me before, you know I get really nervous about scrapbook pages (weird, I know), but I am very intimidated by this one because so much money is on the line! It's crazy! But Laura has been very encouraging to me and that has helped. I will post some previews soon. I will say that I'm almost done with the cover page, and it is quite possibly my most favorite thing I've ever created! :]
Thanks for reading :) I promised Scott I would make him biscuits and gravy for breakfast, so I'm going to go get to it!