Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My horn of plenty is extra full this year.


2008 has been one of the best years of my life, hands down. It has been a pretty crazy year and filled with lots of emotions at times, but it's been a great year and I feel very very blessed.

And here is my thankful rant...

I'm so thankful that I got to marry Scott. He makes my life wonderful. He has made me the happy girl that I am today. It wasn't all that long ago that I felt pretty yucky/unloved/bad about myself, and he has changed that. He has brought a smile to my face every day since we met. He makes me laugh all the time. He makes my life easier by putting my needs in front of his own. He shows me he cares in thousands of ways. He's awesome and I am grateful for him every day of my life. I'm thankful that I'm married to the guy who is able to put everybody at ease, be the life of the party and can still let me know that I mean the world to him. Makes me feel pretty special. :) I'm excited about our first Thanksgiving as man and wife.

I'm thankful for my family that has grown exponentially this year. My dad continues to be a major part of my life. I feel lucky that I'm his daughter. He loves me so much and helps us out whenever we need it. He really, really helped us with all of the wedding craziness. He insisted that they day be perfect and it was. He's one of the most kindest and generous people you could ever meet.

I'm thankful for my new family- the Livesays. They were pretty much my family before we got married, but are now legally so and I can honestly say I have awesome inlaws! Scott's mom and I are so close, and I'm SO thankful that her cancer is GONE! There will probably be some emotional times about that tomorrow, because it was a scary time for all of us. But she's doing just fine, maybe even fiestier than before. :) We are all so relieved. Thank you, Livesays, for welcoming me into your family the way you have. I can't wait to give you grandbabies!

I'm thankful for my friends- both the "old" and the "new." I have had some of the same best friends for 10 years, and I love that. I love that these girls know me inside and out and know how to put a smile on my face on a lousy day. I love that our friendships have grown and that we know how to support each other when times get tough. I never would've made it through some of my life's events without them and I'm thankful that with their help, I am where I am today. I'm thankful for my new friends, too. I've inherited a lot through Scott, but also found lots on my own since the big move. I look forward to years of friendship with these newbies and am thankful that they have entered my life. I'm thankful for the way all of my friends make me feel- like I'm a special girl with lots to offer the world. I really appreciate that.

I'm thankful for the many changes this year has brought to my life. First of all, marriage! Our wedding (in my humble opinion) was the perfect kick-off to our marriage. I know we haven't been married long, but so far, so good. :) My work duties have changed pretty much totally. I'm thankful that I've been stretched and know what my boundaries are, what I like doing and what I don't. I'm thankful to have a job in these terrible economic times. I'm thankful that Scott and I are learning what it means to budget (ok, we are trying!) and become financially better off. I'm thankful for baby Crosley that has entered the world. I'm thankful for getting to see my family members at our wedding that I haven't seen in far too long. I'm thankful for our newest addition to our family- Biscuit (don't get too excited there ;). She is a sweet sweet puppy and we have fallen in love with her (even though she's constantly loud). I'm thankful that I'm learning to keep up with cleaning and that I have a husband who does his share. I'm thankful that our country has elected a president that I feel like can change the way the world sees us, even if just a little bit, for the better. I'm thankful that Britney has normalized a bit. I'm thankful that I discovered 30 rock. I'm thankful that I've continued to create new things and will have much more time in 2009 to do so.

If I only lived my life this thankful every single day...

If we all did. I guess the world would be a better place.

Enjoy your special time tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am very very thankful for you! You've made me this happiest guy in the world..and I could never ask for more!!!

Anonymous said...

very sweet list!!