Wednesday, November 5, 2008

When all is said and done...

Some of my thoughts, do with them what you will. They are nothing more than my personal thoughts and opinions, so please don't take them as anything more than that.

As an Obama-voter, I'm happy with the way the election turned out. I understand that there are millions and millions of voters who do not feel the same way. It's been said (probably been said too much) that the beautiful thing about our nation is that we can have different opinions and that we get to have a say in how things turn out. I hope that voters on both ends of the spectrum will now come together, show each other respect and make our country the nation it can be. Whatever the results of the outcome might have been, we knew that we would soon have a different president who vowed to make things better. Our country is in a hard time, and I think in order to pull ourselves out of the mud, we have to stand united like all of the great presidents of the past have said in their finest moments. A new era awaits us and I hope we will all choose to make the best of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're so inspirational!!