Thursday, April 17, 2008

rough week {again}

Social work is hard stuff. I see things happen in kid's lives that will drastically effect the rest of their lives...often in a very negative way. I'm getting to the point where I want to bring them home with me and be the perfect parent and give them everything they could ever need and try my damndest to make their heart not hurt.

That being said, I've been so, so, so busy at work. Mostly behind the scenes type stuff that nobody knows (therefore, I look extra-crazy when I freak out about my work not getting done!)

I'm SO glad tomorrow is Friday, but to be honest... I'm already stressing about Monday.

When my time in the social work world is over, I want to do something that is happy.

In other news, I'm starting a garden. It's a little bit ambitious. I plan to harvest the following crops:

Tomatoes (easy), Strawberries, Corn, Pumpkins (HA! I am going to try to have a pumpkin patch!), Green Beans, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Watermelon, Carrots, Cabbage and Lettuce.

Writing it out, that does indeed seem like a lot for my first real garden EVER.

2 comments:

felicitouschick said...

Hey! I am going to try my hand at some container gardening myself. Less weeding that way. :) Anyway, here is a link to a nifty tutorial on how to do hanging tomatoes: http://www.instructables.com/id/how-to-plant-hanging-upsidedown-tomatoes/

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to eat some of that...good times! Someone is going Green and her name is Angie!