Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I can't believe I ever wanted to be a wedding planner...


Great news: I bought my wedding dress on Sunday! I'm in love with it. I can't wait to wear it :) Here are pictures of the event, not the dress. We had a really fun bridal weekend and I had my first house guests which was very fun. There were tears shed when I put on "the dress." Scott's mama = super excited and super sweet to me!
PS if you stay at my house- know that your picture will be taken! ;)
Annoying news: No, we still don't have a reception site. Its kind of a nightmare. I JUST WANT TO HAVE THIS PART DONE. We have called every stinking possibility in the tri-state. We have a couple possibilities, but its still just FRUSTRATING. I feel like once that is booked, other things will be MUCH more smoother sailing and easier to figure out. Everything comes down to the reception site. I feel like a failure everytime anyone asks me 1. What is your wedding date? (Don't know, waiting to find the reception site) 2. Have you decided on a site yet? (Nope. Nope. Nope.)

So, thats where I sit this Tuesday (Idol) night. Feel free to say nice things to me. They will be appreciated.

4 comments:

felicitouschick said...

Yay! A dress! Is there a picture of it somewhere on the internet that you can link me to? I'd LOVE to see it! You're going to be so BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie-
I read your blog almost every day, I love what you have to say. You are such a sweet, sweet, girl.
The last time I saw you was at PF Changs with Laura, Ginger, Karin etc. Anyway..I love that you are having so much fun planning your wedding. As frustrating as it can be, this should be a fun time. So enjoy it. I have a couple of ideas for reception sites...The Manor House in Mason. It is beautiful. Also, Ed and I had our reception on "The Satisfaction" it is a yacht that you can rent for the day, evening whatever. It's beautiful. Truly, amazing. We had a nice cool October evening. Now it only holds about 100 guests, but they also have The Satisfaction II and that might be bigger. Now, this was 17 years ago....but still, I loved it. Just thought I would try to help with some ideas. Oh, and the Bonbonnerie in Oakley/Hyde Park is fantastic for your cake!! If you have a question, or just want to email me,Laura and Ginger have my email address.
Tina : )

Laura said...

i wamt to see the dress, too!

Ginger said...

Ok sweetie - let me know what type of site you need. I am the BOMB.com at planning weddings. Plus, my husband's family owns a catering business. HELLO! I can totally help. AND - I live in the bridal district and think wedding planning is the next best thing to scrapbooking. I know - it's an illness...

Let me know what type of facility you are looking for. I'll help you out. I put together a wedding for 300 guests. Trust me - I can do anything. :)