Thursday, December 18, 2008

Rejection

I haven't felt "rejection" in a while, but tonight my heart hurts a bit. I didn't get the dance teaching job. Unfortunately, the position I applied for (adult tap teacher) was not the position they actually needed filled (beginning hip hop teacher...so not me). They explained the classes they have open and we agreed that they weren't a good match for me (I wanted to teach tap, no tap is open). I guess its not rejection but it still feels that way. I'm sad. I'm glad we still have a week 'til Christmas so I'll have time to cheer up. I got to have dinner with my Dad and Scott and that was definetely helpful. It's nice to have people around you that you know care no matter how crappy you are feeling inside.

1 comment:

felicitouschick said...

I'm sorry Ang! But maybe they'll think of you if they have any tap positions that open up--I'll keep my fingers crossed long term! :) Lots of Love! Oh, and I got your wedding gift into the mail today--no telling how long it will take to arrive during this crazy season, but I thought you should know. <3