Sunday, May 25, 2008

Days like this keep me warm...


This weekend was a nice & relaxing weekend where we got lots of stuff done and got to see lots of familiar faces.

Scott and I vowed to spend lots of time together this weekend. We had lots going on last week and didn't get to see each other nearly as much we normally do. So, Friday night we had a "date" which consisted of wings from Buffalo Wild Wings and "Reign Over Me" in Scott's new basement game room that he is VERY excited about. It's pretty dormroomish, but in a weird way, is quite cozy. It was fun to just be together and watch a good movie.

Saturday we drove to my homeland to attend a wedding of a girl I went to church with/babysat when I was younger. I saw lots and lots of people I haven't seen in several years. Lots of "kids" that I babysat with their licenses, taller than me, and biggest of all: married. Craziness...But it was really fun to have Scott meet those people that were a huge part of my life {which feels like a lifetime ago}. The WEIRDEST thing of all is through a conversation with my old pastor, we found out that he is the brother of one of Scott's favorite teachers in high school. WEIRD.

After the wedding, we spent time with my dad sitting on his back porch. It was really nice. I love my Dad, obviously that goes without saying, but he and I have a really special bond ever since my Mom died. It was great to see him.

We then drove back and got lots and lots of chores done. Those "chores" included planting flowers in our flower beds out front. They look so cute! It was fun to work on that together. We spent most of the rest of the evening cleaning. Then we fetched some dinner and watched Scrubs (during which I fell asleep).

This morning we woke up and cleaned some since we were going to have some friends over- some of which haven't seen the house before & some of which haven't seen the house since helping us move. It was fun to "show it off" :) We had a cookout, played cornhole and talked lots. Then we went to the game room and played the Wii. I honestly haven't played it all that much, and Scott isn't super into it either. But tonight we found out how fun it is with a group. We spent a couple of hours down there, and then finished the evening by watching the Reds game. It was really fun, I love being the hostess.

For the cookout today, I made rice krispie treats. Everytime I make them, I wonder to myself..."why do I not make these more often?" After I devour half a pan, I remember :)

We are planning to just hang out around here together tomorrow. I got kind of into playing the golf game on the Wii, so I'm hoping the day holds some of that along with Dr. Phil, sleep, no money spent or gas used, snuggling with the dogs and maybe Scott, and maybe, just maybe some creative time. I'm just so glad to have a day off tomorrow!

Hope your weekend has been fantastic!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post, very warm. Glad your weekend was so fun!

felicitouschick said...

You are an excellent hostess in my experience. The Wii is the most fun with a party of people to play with, and, what is cornhole? I am intrigued! I love new games!