Sunday, February 3, 2008

birthday review '08

my birthday was fantastic.

thanks to everyone who made it that way! I got lots of superfun stuff and was showered with love from so many people.

there were lots of highlights- here are ten of them- in no apparent order:

1. Racing around Joe's Crab Shack with my Dad on stick ponies. The whole experience was very, very fun!
2. Val decorating my WHOLE office and making the work day so much fun! (And my COOKIE CAKE!)
3. Shopping with Laura for a whole new outfit (which, I hate to say, covered up by my coat the entire night because the restaurant was freezing)! But Laura was on a roll. She had so many hilarious jokes that day! And the word of the day? Treat.
4. Dinner with Blaire and Katie on Friday night, even if the service was, per usual, horrendous! YES, we need to start eating in together! AND we had delicious ice cream at Graeters!
5. Birthday night #2 with Val and Greg at the "European Inspired" restaurant...RIGHT. :) & We played Marry, Date or Dump where I openly admitted my crush-love on several men including Kevin Costner, Enrique Iglesias, Kevin James (Scott = My Doug), Mick Jagger and John Lennon. I also picked to marry Tom Arnold two times, which I feel kind of uncomfortable about.
6. Receiving 9 million (something like that) text messages/comments/messages that made me feel special!
7. No, I haven't forgotten about my Love. He just did so much for me that it's hard to wrap it up in words. He is SO good at gift-getting. (Part of the reason I keep him around.) :) He bought me a watch, an address book, the previously mentioned flowers, CINNAMON HEARTS (my very fave candy) AND a new computer program- Bamboo. Its like...the coolest thing ever. I will be experimenting with it very soon, and I shall show you my results. Other than gifts, Scott just made the day(s) superspecial. He's really good at that, too. I love him.
8. I love that my bday weekend gets to continue because the superbowl is on today (just for me!) I shall be making lil' weinies!
9. I got so much fun stuff! A cute new purse, money, lots of scrap stuff (YUM), a FBI action set which includes my own badge ("special police"), two new white pens!, candy, lovely cards, a cute paperweight that reminds me that I'm special :), several meals out (YIKES) and the best gift- people showing their love by their time spent with me. :)
10. The "buzz" feeling I get like all day long when its my birthday. Its weird/awesome.

There's a rundown of my birthday times. I need to ease up on long blogs. I'll work on that.

Love,
Your fave recently-turned-26 year old!

No comments: