Monday, August 4, 2008

Ebb & Flow

Today was kind of awful. A lot of days in social work are, mainly because the world is a scary place and scary people exist in it. But, then you are somehow brought back to reality and you understand why you are in the field you are in. Those little moments get me through the big, hard stuff.

BUT...my day got about 6000 times better after work. Good, good things are happening in wedding-land. The invitations will be printed tomorrow! I'm sooooo excited. The first place I stopped made me feel crazy and were going to charge me approximately $300 more than the second place (which did NOT make me feel crazy!) And the lady was very friendly and helpful. Yay, Office Depot! I love you and your reasonable prices. :) I started writing out all the invitations, and it wasn't nearly as overwhelming as I thought it might be. I still have a lot to do, but I'm trying to do some each night so the night before I send them I'm not up until 4 AM. I love them, they look great. Special thanks to the wonderful and talented Ginger who labored over them for hours and hours. I appreciate your hard work. They look beautiful!

Other things that were NOT in the awful realm today:

1) Remember the previously mentioned diet? I'm down two pounds since last Wednesday! I'm currently weighing the lowest that I've weighed in a while. It feels good. (But because I believe in cheating one night a week...we might have splurged on pizza tonight. :) ONE NIGHT ONLY! Diet (seriously) starts again tomorrow.

2) Along with the pizza, we also got to try the cake from our baker. YUM!

3) We have a pianist booked for the wedding. (And she's going to be free! Even better :)

So thats all in our world. This week = wedding craziness for sure. We are going to finish up the invitations and go visit the florist again.

have a great week :)

No comments: