Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Yep, one of those days

I experienced problems with the following things today:

1.My dress is beyond too big. I tried it on for Scott's Aunt (aka alterator) and everyone that looked at it was just like...yep thats huge. No "oh that looks so pretty..." nope, just wow, that's huge. Nothing that quite makes me feel like a fatty as having to get a dress that I know is huge so that it'll fit around my biggest part- my belly. Yep, I get it, the dress is huge because I'm huge. I get it.

2. The supercute idea we had for our favors fell through. Wonderful.

3. Wedding food is becoming an increasing nightmare.

4. I'm learning that I'm a total control freak. I like to think that I'm not, but I am finding that I am. Maybe its mainly just about the wedding. I don't know.

So needless to say...not a great day in the life of Angie Polver. I'm so thankful that I have a wonderful man to come home to that makes me forget (ok, temporarily forget) about all the dumb details that are going into our wedding. He makes me smile even when I tell him I don't wanna. Thanks, babe. I look forward to the many smiles you'll put on my face for years to come.

1 comment:

felicitouschick said...

I'm SO sorry! A few days before the wedding, I tried on the dress my friend custom made for me, and it was too small. I felt like a whale--I blame the birth control! Anyway it was sort of a crisis, because she doesn't alter things. I cried for hours. We ended up adding a panel and I was not as comfortable as I envisioned, but in the end, despite all the craziness that is weddings, you are married to the one you love. It will be beautiful and no one will know all of your pre-wedding freak outs. I too am pretty much a control freak, but I don't know anyone who likes to feel out of control, so I think we just manage it. ;) Thank the Lord for sweet, understanding, loving men! I love you!