Sunday, January 13, 2008

Since I've now had 5 views...


I feel as if the world needs more from me.

Here's some random things that have occured in the last 2 weeks of my life.

1. Like Ginger, I recently learned how to knit. I'm not great at it, but I get it kind of and its awesome.
2. We had our engagement pictures taken by the fabulous Laura Stoller. Love them! (*you can see them on my myspace!*)
3. If you don't get into the world of scrapbooking- this one will not make any sense to you... BUT last night I had a dream that Ali E and I had become good friends and I flew out to their house (even though I didn't know if I should fly into the Portland airport or Seattle...which I feel like I should've known if we were indeed becoming good friends) and I got there and got set up in the spare bedroom and then I didn't understand how the bathroom worked so Chris had to come help me figure out the drain. RANDOM!
4. Scott got a deep fryer for Christmas from the best fiancee ever. Needless to say, we have been frying lots and lots. Which, by the way, is NOT good for losing weight. I'm hoping the excitement of said fryer goes away soon.
5. For work, I've been at lots and lots of training so that I can be a certified Children's Services Worker in Ohio. This past week, we went through an Intake (Investigations) Unit...and I LOVED it. It absolutely MUST be one of the hardest jobs in the world...these are the people that receive the abuse/neglect calls and figure out whether or not it happened (by investigating), and yes, these are also the people that must remove children from homes when (& ONLY WHEN) they feel like there is an immediate risk of great danger to the child. Before I accepted my current position, I considered going into Intake. But I'm afraid of it because it has CRAZY turnover...that is scary. I like my current position and am just kind of keeping that in the back of my mind as a possibility for the future.

and #6- this is my favorite thing- read on!

If you listen to Q102, you know about this- if not here's an overview: A local radio station is holding a contest for a $50,000 wedding! You win by entering a scrapbook! The judges pick their top 8 faves and then it is an online voting contest. I am entering because... $50,000 wedding! I've started working on my book, and for those of you that have scrapped with me before, you know I get really nervous about scrapbook pages (weird, I know), but I am very intimidated by this one because so much money is on the line! It's crazy! But Laura has been very encouraging to me and that has helped. I will post some previews soon. I will say that I'm almost done with the cover page, and it is quite possibly my most favorite thing I've ever created! :]

Thanks for reading :) I promised Scott I would make him biscuits and gravy for breakfast, so I'm going to go get to it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you girl!!

Anonymous said...

loves the scrapbooking! and seriously, for 50,000 big ones you have full disposal of all of my pages and stickers and crap! this is danae by the way...we need to get some crafting going on here soon :)